Thursday 5 November 2009

A Lick of Frost by Laurell K Hamilton



The Blurb...
You know me. I am Meredith Gentry, princess and heir apparent to the throne in the realm of Faerie. Once I was a private investigator in the mortal world...

You also know my circumstances: to be crowned queen, I must first continue the royal bloodline, and give birth to an heir of my own. And if I fail? Then my aunt, Queen Andais, will be free to do what she most desires: to place her twisted son, Cel, upon the throne of Faerie...and kill me.

I am surrounded by loyal guards, and my best loved - my Darkness and my Killing Frost - are sworn to protect me and to make love to me. Yet for all our eager carnal efforts, I remain childless...while the machinations of my sinister, sadistic Queen and her confederates remain tireless. So my bodyguards and I, hoping to outrun the gathering shadows of court intrigue, have slipped back into Los Angeles. But it seems exile is not enough to escape those with dark designs upon us.

Now King Taranis, powerful and vainglorious ruler of Faerie's Seelie court, has accused my guards of a heinous crime and asked the mortal authorities to prosecute them. If he succeeds, my men face extradition to Faerie - and a hideous fate. But I know Taranis's charges are baseless. His true target is me. He tried to kill me when I was a child. And now I fear his intentions are far more terrifying

My Opinion...
Bear with me while I sit down... Well this book was a bit of a shocker, now bear in mind what I said about the last book - more sex scenes than you can shake a stick at and the plot hidden at the back. Well there was still plenty of sex, but the plot actually was there and consistent throughout the book. Now I wouldn't personally rush out and pay full price for the next installment, but if I saw it in a charity shop or second hand bookstore I may just buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment