Wednesday 13 June 2012

Aurelia by Anne Osterlund


I picked this paperback up from a bookswap, it's been on my wishlist for a while. It arrived last week and the cover so pretty that I gave in to temptation and read it.

It's the first book I have been able to read in one sitting since DD arrived 18 months ago. DH distracted her for most of the day, leaving me in peace.

I was excited in the first few pages where we met the cast and started our way on the path of the plot.

I liked Aurelia immediately, she was strong minded and lived in the shadow of her step-sister, Melony. I loved this sister like relationship.

I like that you didn't need to learn an epic history of the country or characters.

I loved the little similarities to my other favourite books, like Robin McKinley's Blue Sword, Sherwood Smith's Crown & Court Duel and Emily Gee's Laurentine Spy.

I thought the plot was quite predictable, but was proved wrong.

I've picked up the next book in Kindle format, Exile, which I can't wait to get time to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment